Here is everything you should know about Section 321 De Minimis filing in the US. So, today we are going to tell you each and everything about the Section 321 in the US. So, let’s start knowing without wasting a second…
What is Section 321?
Section 321 is a type de minimis shipment allows importers to import goods of $800 or less without any duty and tax through any transport mode (highway, rail, ocean, and air). The only goods of $800 or lesser are eligible to be considered as Section 321 release. Also, with this legislation, goods are permitted to enter without any formal entry.
Meanwhile, one person can import the goods of up to $800 on one business day. The main reason behind the increase of de minis value is to simplify the management and movement of the low-value shipments.
CPB (Customs and Border Protection) has made several conditions and rules to fall or qualify the products under section 321. Many of the goods are not qualified under section 321 due to some reasons.
Section 321 limitations
There are some boundaries and some goods which cannot qualify under section 321 due to these reasons:
- Any goods require any kind of inspection as a condition before discharge
- Anti-Dumping Duty (ADD) and/or Countervailing Duty (CVD) merchandises
- Products managed by the accompanying Participating Government Agencies (PGAs):
– **Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
– Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS)
– National Highway Transport and Safety Administration (NHTSA)
– Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
– U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- From July 2017, the FDA has cleared the restrictions for these goods:
- Radiation-emitting non-medical devices
- Biological samples for lab testing
- Food (except ackees, puffer fish, crude mollusks, crude shellfish, crude mussels, and sustenances stuffed in sealed containers stored in room temperature)
One person can take the benefit of Section 321 on one transaction per day.
How to file section 321?
Products costing lesser than $800 can enter freely without any entry in the e-Manifest system in the U.S. However, if any shipment may require any e-Manifest entry than the CBP will be indicated that the shipment is a section 321.
- In the ACE e-Manifest, select the shipment as “Section 321”.
- Enter the shipment control number for products.
- Insert the shipment details like a shipper, receiver, cost, commodity, and the country of manufacturing.
- Submit the e-Manifest to the U.S. CBP.
Also, the carrier will need to provide the necessary paperwork and product details etc. if asked by the border officers.
Additionally, there will be no entry number provided by the U.S. CBP for any section 321 shipments. These products are not been considered under the formal entry.
Intellect eCustoms is here to help
Intellect eCustoms software is designed and optimized especially for Section 321 De Minimis filing. The software is designed to fasten up the clearance process on e-commerce air shipments. It can file the 1000s of HAWBs to one MAWB, our system is here to monitor the data and any error found will be highlighted and notified to be fixed before submitting it to the customs.
Our solution is here to automate and streamline your section 321 filings so that you can save your valuable time and utilize it in other areas of your business for further improvements.
So, there are many benefits that our solutions are offering to file Section 321 De Minimis filings. Feel free to contact us today for any feedback, suggestions, or want more information about our Section 321 De Minimis filing solution software.
Author: This is a sponsored Guest Blog posted by Anish Tiwari on behalf of Intellect Technologies Inc. The company is known for providing the best shipping management software to help logistics and freight companies in the US by making their business operations smoother. Contact us at +1 (609) 454 3272 today to get more details.
You can send us your free guest post to feature your guest blog on ShouTech, for further updates, keep watching this space.