Companies are looking and adopting various activities and strategies for business growth and expansion. Especially start-ups are looking for the ways to get express growth and getting instant growth is not really easy for start-ups. That’s why many companies are incorporating the CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) strategies to get that growth instantly.
The benefits companies will get
Everyone loves donuts and if adoption of a thing or technology is giving your business a boost then definitely everyone loves to incorporate that thing. CRO strategies are one of those great activities which can amplify your business by utilizing the potential of web.
These are the obvious benefits you will get after successful implementation of CRO activities:
- Increase your brand awareness through web
- Increase your sales and number of purchases
- Increase the number of subscription if you are offering services
- Help to expand your business by reaching to your target audience
- Increase your business profits and turns you as a reputed brand
- Help delivering better ROI and enhances the customer’s trust upon a business
So, let’s find out more about CRO to understand how it works…
What is CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)?
CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) is a process to increase the visitors of a website by fulfilling numerous goals while browsing the website. When a user completes a goal then that visit counted as a successful goal which is measured as a conversion.
What is a conversion?
A conversion is simply a visit that completes a successful transaction or the visits fulfil a goal. There are many types of goals one can include on their website for tracking the efficacy of their marketing activities. Very completed goal is a successful conversion and to calculate the conversion rate of your site just divide the number of conversions with the total traffic of your website.
Let’s assume your website has 1000 visitors in a week and goals completed 50 times than just divide the successful goals with the total traffic 50/1000 = 5%.
How to improve the conversion rate?
If you want to optimize the conversion rate of your website than you have to find out the weak areas of your website to see what to optimize. Getting known with the right areas of improvement is the backbone of a successful CRO strategy.
To find out areas of improvement and what to optimize information, you need to collect the data and there are multiple ways to collect these data, to get these data you can do these activities…
1. Web analytics
Analysing the website traffic is also known as quantitative data analysis method to find how people are behaving with the website. Google Analytics is the best analytic tool to find how people are behaving with your website and to get the website estimations as well. Make strong relevant goals to get the analytical data for great measurement.
If you are familiar with the user engagement than you can find the strong and weak areas of your website and make good plans to optimize the weak areas of the website.
Google Analytics can give you these metrics:
- Where people enters your site (The first landing page)
- Where people are engaged with your website (on which webpage they are spending more time)
- On which channel they have landed to your site (whether by Google search or from social media links)
- You can also see the browsers and devices of your users
- Know your customers (Demographics, Age and Interest etc.)
- The weak areas of your website (While navigating the site from where they get exited)
These metrics will help you to understand how people are engaging with your website. This information helps you to find the weak areas of your website and you can focus where to pay more attention. You will be known what pages users find useful and what pages your users don’t find better to visit.
2. People focused approach
When you are known with the performance of your website and you know how people are interacting with your website. Now you want to know why they are behaving like this with your website. This approach is known as customer/people focused approach or qualitative approach.
Well, you can’t optimize your website for every sort of visitors so it’s better to optimize website for your ideal users. How you can do qualitative data analysis? There are some ways to get it done:
- On site surveys
- Users testing
- Satisfaction surveys
Incorporating these things will help your website to get more conversions because you have asked their ideas for improvement and after implementing those ideas they will be satisfied and do more purchase or goal completion than previous.
Benefits of Qualitative analysis
- You are giving a reason to the user to engage with your website. You are also appealing them to land on a specific page or on your website.
- You are getting ideas from them or they might see something different on your website which makes purchasing experience better than others (any specific feature or featured product).
- How they are describing your products or services and about the shopping experience and the pain points they seen.
- You can also find out what words people are using to describe your products or shopping experience while recommending your services or products to their friends.
- These are the approaches will give you grand success if don’t rely upon a single optimization method. Don’t rely only upon quantitative method, just combine both approaches and make a good plan of improvement.
3. Don’t do this
- Don’t rely upon guesses, hunches and gut feelings
- Don’t do a thing because your competitor is doing that
- Going to implement the ideas taken by a highest paid person’s opinion (they are not every time true so think wisely before implementation)
All the examples, strategies and ideas written above are not a blind shot in a dark room. And every single strategy and idea has one thing in common which is they all are not just data based only, spending some time to collect the data and analyze data to make effective assessment based on clear insights.
So gather the data and ask people what are the things you don’t like in the website. Nobody wants to be failed and these ideas will not let you fail.
As companies are looking for swift growth it is mandatory to implement an effective CRO strategy to boost their sales or subscriptions through their website. Above written conditions, approaches and benefits will definitely attracts a company to include a CRO campaign for their business growth. Just follow and implement these techniques in your CRO campaigns to get the success.
This would be bread and butter for the companies looking for rapid growth.
Hope you liked this article and if this article seems fruitful for you or anyone within your circle then share it to help them. If you have any questions, suggestions, queries or doubts then feel free to ask or let us know in comments and we will get back to you ASAP with the appropriate solution.
Thanks for visiting ShouTech, have a nice day!
Written by: – Anish Tiwari is an SEO/SMO expert and Blogger loves to write and explore newness relates to IT, Search Engines, Web Development, and Gadgets etc. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for the glimpses. You can also find me on Twitter and LinkedIn for better communication.